Currently listening to DJ Khaled, Beyonce and Jay z – Shinning
OK! No jokes I’m literally shinning guys!! Damn! I can’t believe I made that Highlighter, I think I’m gonna call it UzzyMami GlowUp. I’ve been kinda worried lately about the growth of my blog and I did a lot of thinking yesterday. That was went it hit me that I was actually jealous of some people’s progress! As humans there’s every tendency for us to get envious when we see our mates progressing and we’re still at the same spot.
While I was thinking I began to speak to myself and affirm my efforts and works. I was at my niece’s school couple of days ago and a lady kept complaining that her children still use diapers while their mates have stopped and that’s when I realized I was comparing myself with others. When you accept that you’re your own competition only then will you begin to advance. I’m learning to be my own competition, comparing my present with my past and not someon else. When you approach your goals this way you begin to see progress, self growth and maturity.
Back to today’s look, I’m rocking a black smokey eye with bold lashes and soft pink lips.
Eyes & Brows
- H & E brow pomade
- Zaron black pencil
- UD Naked 2 eyeshadow pallete (blackout)
- The balm cosmetics Matte Lezzetli pallete (Matt lombarde, Rosen)
- Sleek eyeshadow chaos 577 (light pink)
- Sleek eyeshadow i-divine vintage romance 141 (gold)
- Random lashes
- Maybelline colossal volum express mascara
- Zaron pencil (vivid)
- Moisture renew lipstick (720-Notting hill nude)
- Wet N Wild lipstick (Mauve outta here)
- Milani 2-in-1 foundation (13 chestnut)
- L.A Girl pro conceal (warm honey)
- Black opal loose powder
- DIY Highlighter
- The balm cosmetics meet Matt Lezzetli (Matt Rosen – contour)
- Kiss beauty green tea setting spray.
Focus on being better, inspire yourself daily and congratulate/reward yourself when you reach a milestone. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be motivated by the success of others. Stay blessed!