I guess it’s safe to say that having a highlighter is a must!
So recently I’ve been so obsessed with heavy highlights, the type that’s all up in your face! Annoying thing is they seem to be annoyingly expensive and that’s why I don’t own one * insert surprised smiley here*. During one of my market days I came across a bronze looking loose pigment and I immediately purchased it cos I figured it’ll look good as a highlighter. However, it didn’t quite turn out the way I thought it would, so I dumped it. Then one day I came across a video on YouTube on DIY highlighter and so I decided to try it out. Unfortunately, it didn’t turn out the way I thought it would, again! As soon as it dried up it turned loose again. So I added a few things to the mixture and Voila I got my highlighter!
What you’d need
• Pigment (any color)
• Empty container
• Empty highlighter/powder pan
• Spatula (in my case I used a thin makeup brush)
• Binding oil ( I used coconut oil)
• Tissue/Paper Towel
• Brown loose powder
* Pour out your pigment and a little amount of loose powder into the empty plate and mix with a little alcohol, enough to make a paste. Be careful not to put too much it would make the drying process longer. Make sure there are no bumps. Add a few drops of oil to the mixture.
* Swap it to see how it looks. Mind you it’s gonna be more pigmented when wet.
* Take a paper towel and place it on the mixture, use an object the size of the highlighter pan to further smoothen it and blot the excess alcohol.
* Leave to dry and you have yourself a bomb ass highlighter!
P.S I’m drooling over my brows Damn!!!!
Pigment was gotten from the Lagos market for Two Thousand Naira and I used little above a quarter for this DIY so I’d say its totally worth the price. I hope you enjoyed this post. Do have an awesome day!